Tuesday, August 9, 2016

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA, REALLY!




I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews on this product, staggering from “I love this mascara!” to “This is the worst thing ever” But since mine is the only opinion that matters, let me tell you what I thought about Benefit’s They’re Real mascara. My first thought; plastic bristle brush with a little rounded top on the end…weird, but not bad. I usually prefer hourglass wands however for the sake of beautiful lashes I’m willing to try anything once. And thank heavens I did. This mascara is wonderful. The formula and wand combo coats lashes while lifting and separating them. The wand has a tiny spiked tip that finds lashes you didn’t even know you had. However, here's a tip, the spike can sometimes grab too much mascara, so be a good girl and due diligence to wipe the tip back against the tube, K!?
My lashes were so long while still natural looking, and zero clumps! BLESS! My only reservation was that it doesn’t come in waterproof, and I usually believe that if it’s not waterproof then it’s a waste of every ones time and money. I am wrong. Although it isn’t WP, it says it lasts for up to 12 hours without smudging or coming off and it’s true. I revoke my love for solely waterproof mascaras to something more like this 12-hour wear one. It gives you the freedom to play around all day long with flirty eyelashes, but doesn’t give you a battle by the end when you’re ready to wipe it off. Overall, I’m surprised that some girls are not completely head over heels for this, because I am. I liked that it holds a curl all day, and I like that I can see the length of my own lashes through my very own pupils. I also especially like the privilege to be cheeky when people ask, “Are those your lashes?” and I say, “Oh They’re Real!”